Thursday, August 4, 2011

mmm Metal.

I just discovered Queensryche for the first REAL time and man tis good.  tis good indeed.

In my experience when a band has meaningful lyrics it immediately makes the band's music seems better in general.

Contrast:  Lots of power metal bands.  At times some of my favorite power metal stuff is amazingly laid out and skillful when it comes to chops and what not, however when you read the lyrics you're left saying to yourself.. "what the flying fuck is this guy talking about with the dragons and the swords and the fucking glory?"

I love power metal, but there are times where I want to hear shredding and then there are times when I want to hear meaningful songs.  So yeah that's my story.

This is self indulgent isn't it..?  man.

No comments:

Post a Comment