Friday, August 5, 2011

Nommin' Beer 1

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/392/25880/?ba=engagechad

Purchased as a 4 pack at Wine and Beer Westpark and this particular brewski was poured into my Dogfish Head snifter glass.
Pours a very nice, well filtered pumpkiny orange red with absolutely NO head.  Smells amazing and really smells like pumpkin pie which I guess is expected but it was really nice.  This is coming from a guy who has never had a pumpkin ale though.. so.. yeah..  Future Chad may want to come back to this.  The beer actually reminds me of a mulled apple wine with clove and cinnamon which makes sense in a way.  Taste is very nice and follows the smell very well however the booze shows up in the finish just a bit.  Feels nice but would be better if it were carbonated a bit more.
Overall this was a very good beer but the low carbonation made it odd.  Hopefully it was just this bottle and not the whole batch.

This is an excerpt of something I'd like to incorporate into the blog I guess.  I try a lot of new beers and I review them all on Beeradvocate.com so I may as well transpose and keep them on my personal space as well.

shazam.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment